$5,000 - $7,500
- Former Global CNN Headline News Anchor
- Cancer Survivor, Speaker, Political Debate Moderator & Emcee
- Generating Media Coverage for Your Organization
Former CNN anchor and cancer survivor Bob Losure continues to expand his repertoire on-stage and on-camera in 2014 with keynotes, interviews, webcasts, and hosting duties including tradeshows, debates, press conferences, and fundraising galas. Among his 2014 appearances, hosting a televised Leadership Simulcast in Los Angeles for Express Employment Professionals-- introducing ESPN's Dick Vitale, Whole Foods Founder John Mackey, and author Christine Cashen on-stage and on-camera.
- "Lights Camera Success" - Bob inspires his audience with humor, stories from his years at CNN, and a look at how his successful fight against testicular cancer in his home state of Oklahoma taught him some valuable life lessons...and even led to a greater opportunity - an anchor chair at the fledgling CNN Headline News for Ted Turner in Atlanta. Bob looks at how his hospitalization in Tulsa, Oklahoma led him to become a champion for those who are faced with the fear of setbacks in life or business and how we can use laughter and a positive mindset to build the life and business we want.
- "Media Coverage 2.0" - Bob Losure, former global CNN News Anchor, will show your organizations the secrets of how a newsroom works. You will learn how to give the media the stories it wants to generate positive local and national coverage for your organization. Also, learn to diffuse bad press and handle potential crisis situations.
- "How Cable News is Polarizing the Media" - Bob Losure probes the shark-infested waters of opinionated broadcasters on both cable and broadcast TV, and how outrageous comments have become the norm. Bob also probes how the 24-hour cable channels have redefined 2010 election-year news, focusing not on substance, but on the mud the candidates are slinging on any particular day, and who's made the most gaffes in the past few hours.
- "The Oklahoma I Know and Love" - Bob looks back at growing up in Tulsa, sleeping under mosquito nets in the family backyard on Army cots in the summer, and sleeping next to a floor furnace with just-washed clothes hanging above it in the winter. Bob takes a humorous and romantic look back at the Tulsa of over 40 years ago, when a pay phone at the top of a wooden grandstand was the only way to call in the score from the local baseball games to a local radio station. Bob takes us on a ride down memory lane from his first job spinning records at country station KTOW, in the middle of the night in downtown Sand Springs, and how the "action" across the street was a lot more interesting than a Conway Twitty record.
- Request Topic Outline
- Cancer Awareness
- Keynote Speakers
- Marketing and Branding
- Media and Journalism
- OKC Speakers
- Well Known Oklahomans
- World Affairs
With the Presidential campaigns in high gear, former CNN anchor Bob Losure brought his interviewing skills to the Bayou state in 2016 to moderate a onehour session with political strategists James Carville and Mary Matalin at the Industrial Asset Management Council Convention in New Orleans. It marked Bob's 200th appearance as emcee/keynote speaker.
Among the highlights of Bob's hosting and emcee work recently has included the Privacy Xchange Forum CyberSecurity Conference at the J.W. Marriott Camelback Resort in Scottsdale for 200 financial and insurance executives, the ExpressPros Leadership Simulcast before an audience of 1,000 in Thousand Oaks, California, and the World Crane and Transport Summit Convention at the Biltmore in Miami. Bob recently anchored two days of eighthour webcasts with on-camera interviews for Thrivent Financial from the Minneapolis Convention Center.
As a testicular cancer survivor, Bob has keynoted on “Overcoming Adversity” for Accelerent Inc. in Kansas City, M.D. Anderson in Houston, Duke University Medical Center, and Provena St. Joseph's Hospital in suburban Chicago. The native Oklahoman recently keynoted on “CNN...Then and Now”, in Cincinnati before the CPCU Society chapter, sharing stories of his anchoring and reporting career from the time of the Space Shuttle Challenger disaster through the first Persian Gulf War, the O.J. Simpson trial, and beyond.
Bob overcame huge obstacles, enduring three operations and three rounds of chemotherapy to audition at CNN in Atlanta and get the anchor position. During his years there, the veteran broadcaster went on location for CNN Newsource to cover Nelson Mandela's historic visit to Atlanta, Hurricane Hugo's devastation, and the Loma Prieta earthquake in San Francisco.
Mr. Losure's emcee skills are highly regarded by major associations and corporations, including OfficeMax, RadioShack, MercedesBenz, and the Outdoor Advertising Association of America. His guests on-stage have included Forbes Magazine's Steve Forbes, anchorman Walter Cronkite, inspirational speaker and artist Erik Wahl, ABC Television Shark Tank's Barbara Corcoran, and Presidential candidate Donald Trump.
Bob attended the University of Oklahoma and what today is the Gaylord School of Journalism and Mass Communication, and has been inducted into the Communications Hall of Fame at his alma mater, The University of Tulsa. He's been awarded his fraternity's highest national alumni honor, The Order of West Range—given to only one other national journalist—former ABC broadcaster Ted Koppel.